Microflute: the Power of Less
One of the most unique products in our board assortment is Abbey Lite from our partner DS Smith Sheetfeeding.
AbbeyLite is a direct printable microflute that delivers the opportunity for Offset litho printers to reduce material weight and costs, without compromise to the print and performance. Ideally suited for use within Retail Ready Packaging (RRP), Consumer Packaging and E-Commerce Packaging applications.
Next to tradtional folding box board, microflute is a product with plenty of opportunities in printing and design of packaging applications.
Structure of microflute
Microflute is a very thin corrugated material which consists of 3 layers of paper with a N-Flute or F-Flute profile. The structure of Abbey Lite gives the product isolating properties, which makes it suitable for frozen food and take-away products packaging.
- Excellent print surface
- Short lead-time availability
- Size specific materials (bespoke sizes)
- Wide range of board combinations for all types of print
- Low minimum order quantities (1.000 m2)
- High strength to weight ratio often increasing rigidity
and burst strength
- Available with Foil and food grade barriers and surfaces
- Fluted structure adds protection against transit damage and
insulates chilled and frozen applications
- Wide calliper range 610 – 1200 microns
- Pre-printed inside liner available by request
For specific projects we can offer a logistic service concept to guarantee availability and fast deliveries
- Screen, Digital, Flexo and Offset Litho
- F and N flute profile (see flutes)
- 100% recyclableFSC® mix credit available by special request
- Printing and processing instructions
Would you like to know more about microflute or other board specialties?
Call or mail us for advice, information or a visit from one of our specialists.